I’m not sure if I’ve been staring at my computer screen too long or if I’m actually fascinated with how color shapes the experience we have with things.
Either way, I’ve been transfixed by the idea of stripping things down to perhaps their purest form: the color palette and seeing what kind of impact (if any) the palette has on its own.
Enough words, I’ll let the images do the talking:
1. Slumdog Millionaire as a series of colors
2. Starry Night as a collection of colored dots
3. The color palettes of famous artists over time
4. A look at Vogue magazine cover colors
5. The color palettes of Wes Anderson films
6. The city of Paris … in colors
7. Famous video games as colors
8. DC versus Marvel, a comparison of comic colors
9. The collective color palette of most Hollywood blockbusters, according to one guy
10. Van Gogh’s actual color palette
Seen any others?